• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

directors personal information online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

directors personal information online

Hi,

websites like <mod snip> pull out and display sensitive information on directors in google search.

some sites like ukdata, bizdb support removing these details from websearch. However, dodgy sites like companieslist.co.uk do not have an option to contact the webmaster or support.

I am not sure what others do and if there is a way to remove my details from websearch.
    Last edited by BlueM00n; 26 August 2015, 17:28.

Directors details are a matter of public record. There isn't anything you can do except maybe register your company away from your home so your address isn't on.

Have a read of...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...s-private.html

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...s-private.html

and many other threads on here about it.

Some sites that use data from companies house might hide the details for free searchers and only offer it up as a premium package but its still available on other sites.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Or you could of course go Brolly again

Comment

If it's just Google searches you're worried about, you could set up a blog and write loads of high-quality content for it, along with linking to a Twitter account, Flickr account, and so forth; as well as contributing a lot to mailing lists that have web archives. Google will eventually display all that stuff, leaving boring old company directories to the pages past 10 where nobody ever looks

But you'll still be findable with a directors search at Companies House, no matter what you do

Comment

I find having the same name as various journalists helps a lot...

Can't claim credit for that, my parents sorted that shortly after I was born..
          Last edited by eek; 26 August 2015, 18:06.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I use a service address, which means the director does not need to disclose their home address.

Service Address

And the company has a registered address which is not my home address either.

In this way, your home address never appears on any public information in relation to the ltd company.

Your name will of course appear, but you can always change that by deed poll.

https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll/overview

And wear a wig and dark glasses.

Comment

Thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I find having the same name as various journalists helps a lot...

Can't claim credit for that, my parents sorted that shortly after I was born..
                Mather Mahmood is that you?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  I use a service address, which means the director does not need to disclose their home address.

Service Address

And the company has a registered address which is not my home address either.

In this way, your home address never appears on any public information in relation to the ltd company.

Your name will of course appear, but you can always change that by deed poll.
                  I was thinking of doing this. Are there any disadvantages to having your accountants address as the registered office? Such as the ability to claim travel expenses?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy O View Post
                    I was thinking of doing this. Are there any disadvantages to having your accountants address as the registered office? Such as the ability to claim travel expenses?
                    Jesus Christ

Comment

Working...
                    X