• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gripsmytulip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gripsmytulip

Just had a bloke phone me wanting to buy 10 NIC Cards

So I replied you want to purchase 10 network interface card cards?

If people are going to use acronyms then use them correctly!
    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Like people who talk about their Personal Identification Number Numbers
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Trustee Savings Bank Bank

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
        Just had a bloke phone me wanting to buy 10 NIC Cards

So I replied you want to purchase 10 network interface card cards?

If people are going to use acronyms then use them correctly!
        You must be a pleasure to do business with!

Although you are correct about the redundant usage, almost everyone says "PIN Number" and "NIC Card".

Try finding something more important to get annoyed about - there's plenty of scope.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
          You must be a pleasure to do business with!

Although you are correct about the redundant usage, almost everyone says "PIN Number" and "NIC Card".

Try finding something more important to get annoyed about - there's plenty of scope.

I am really it's just the guy that rang me was a techie and he should know better.
          Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

You are that nerdy bloke from the IT Crowd and I claim my crisp £5.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

This one ??

[IMAGE]
              http://static.flickr.com/38/96775977_f9893f99ba.jpg?v=0
              [/IMAGE]

Comment

"Although you are correct about the redundant usage, almost everyone says "PIN Number" and "NIC Card"."

Actually I would call it a network card and not a NIC Card
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
                  I am really it's just the guy that rang me was a techie and he should know better.
                  Perhaps he didn't know that you were a techie and he was keeping it simple for you?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

At last. Somewhere to complain about writing Lloyds TSB Bank on cheques.

Comment

Working...
                    X