• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ever Been a hipster on a Track Stand?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever Been a hipster on a Track Stand?

Google robo-car suffers brain freeze after seeing hipster cyclist

A cyclist riding a fixed-gear bike claims to have brought a Google robo-car to a standstill.

Oxtox says the Googlemobile “apparently detected my presence … and stayed stationary for several seconds.” He then started his track stand, thinking the car would go through the intersection. “It finally began to proceed, but as it did, I rolled forward an inch while still standing. The car immediately stopped.”

Probably conflicted on whether it should mow the hipster down and chalk it up to a technical fault.
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

What, in the name of the good lord, is a "Track Stand?"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
      What, in the name of the good lord, is a "Track Stand?"
      in story

Cyclists whose shoes bond to their pedals with cleats often prefer not to detach when stationary so use a technique called a “track stand” whereby they stand on the pedals, turn the front wheel and balance without moving.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Cyclists whose shoes bond to their pedals with cleats often prefer not to detach when stationary so use a technique called a “track stand” whereby they stand on the pedals, turn the front wheel and balance without moving
        But if the front wheel turns you move, shirley?

Comment

But if the front wheel turns you move, shirley?
          no the back wheel (its a fixie) & your balance stops you.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You basically go back and forth, cos you can peddle backwards.

I can't seem to convince myself that self-driving cars are gonna work. I suppose if they crash less than humans though that's ok... I suspect people will expect and demand them to be perfect though.

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
              You basically go back and forth, cos you can peddle backwards.

I can't seem to convince myself that self-driving cars are gonna work. I suppose if they crash less than humans though that's ok... I suspect people will expect and demand them to be perfect though.
              Self drive cars will be great for the rural pub trade.

I'll be able to get completely trousered in The Hen and Chickens without worrying about how I'm going to get home.

Mind you, it'll probably take the landlord and a couple of burly farm hands to help me from bar stool to car and give the command to take me home otherwise lord knows where I'd end up after issuing any instrucions in my slurred speech.

Comment

Self drive cars will be great for the rural pub trade.

I'll be able to get completely trousered in The Hen and Chickens without worrying about how I'm going to get home.
                How's google car's sheep detection and avoidance? Do they work on unlit windy cobbled streets? Can they back it up when trying to squeeze down a road that's only 1 car wide?

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                  How's google car's sheep detection and avoidance? Do they work on unlit windy cobbled streets? Can they back it up when trying to squeeze down a road that's only 1 car wide?
                  I don't know. That's for Google to sort out.

Comment

Working...
                  X