• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Security Contractor rates in Kenya

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Security Contractor rates in Kenya

Does anyone know what the typical day rate is for an IT Security/ Cyber Security contractor working in Kenya (Nairobi) or other similar African country?

You need to be careful with Africa some countries only allow a limited transfer of funds per month , when I looked at a role in Namibia was going to take 2 years to get all the money out
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
      You need to be careful with Africa some countries only allow a limited transfer of funds per month , when I looked at a role in Namibia was going to take 2 years to get all the money out
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

This isn't normally a problem.

All you need to do is email someone in the UK and ask if you can transfer all of the funds to their bank account.
        In exchange for them then transferring some of the money to your UK account you can allow them to keep a percentage.
        It normally helps if you're offering sums in the millions of the pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberRock View Post
          Does anyone know what the typical day rate is for an IT Security/ Cyber Security contractor working in Kenya (Nairobi) or other similar African country?
          Gas/oil industry - £750-£800 (could include a mix of on-shore/off-shore). Higher rates for more riskier countries (Nigeria).

I'm not talking about basic IT Office systems security - this is about security of process control systems, automation systems, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by CyberRock View Post
            Again,

If you want serious answers, post in the Professional forums.

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You could try e-mailing people asking if they can help you transfer your $5,000,000 zwd out of the country for a small cut. Who would say no to that, free money innit.
              Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Working...
              X