• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is any one putting their rates up 2016 - 2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is any one putting their rates up 2016 - 2017

With new rules on dividends , a potential tax on expenses if sdc comes in (will do in one form or another) and a few other back door changes to the way we pay tax , is anyone going to ask for a higher rate next year ?

Thinking of asking for 50 quid a day more next year to cover some of these extras, agent says that its possible I could get it but wont know until he asks
    Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

I'll just go for whatever market rate is, so if market rate goes up my rates will go up. There's no other way really, you can't just arbitrarily decide to stick 50 quid on and then jump into the market expecting to get anywhere.

Market rate will probably be decided by more contractors applying for higher paid positions and less / worse contractors applying to lower paid positions, which will hopefully drag up the range of rates.

Couple of years ago my field was 230-280 and now it's 300-350 so I think there is plenty of dynamic response built into the market rates.
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

No, I'm going to live off the feed-in tariff on my solar panels. My house is festooned with them and the tax payer is giving me loads of free money to live off.

Oh hang on, what's this?

Ministers signal the end of Britain's 'solar revolution' - Telegraph

Comment

Shrimpy you posted something political without mentioned Corbyn once!

Looks like personal character development. HMRC will have you and your disguised status for that.
        Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post

Thinking of asking for 50 quid a day more next year to cover some of these extras, agent says that its possible I could get it but wont know until he asks
          Yes, that's the going rates for extras these days

Comment

Originally posted by motoukenin View Post
            With new rules on dividends , a potential tax on expenses if sdc comes in (will do in one form or another) and a few other back door changes to the way we pay tax , is anyone going to ask for a higher rate next year ?

Good luck you'll need it.

Contractor: Thing is I need £50 a day more now because I've got to pay more tax.
            Client: Hang on - you already get double what the permies get and now you're moaning about tax. Sorry I don't give a monkeys....
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Contractor: Thing is I need £50 a day more now because I've got to pay more tax.
              Client: Hang on - you already get double what the permies get and now you're moaning about tax. Sorry I don't give a monkeys....
              Contractor: Feck you and feck contracting. I'll go off sick and claim JSA
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

I'm hoping that the fact it'd cost them £25-£50 less a day for me to work from the home office will do the trick.
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

WFH is the golden bargaining chip now. clients won't had over extra £££ but may be more flexible with something that doesn't cost them any more. Especially if they are in the ar$e end of nowhere!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                    WFH is the golden bargaining chip now. clients won't had over extra £££ but may be more flexible with something that doesn't cost them any more. Especially if they are in the ar$e end of nowhere!
                    The number of places I've worked where contractors must be bum on seat, but the rest of the team was in India, Eastern Europe and scattered across the globe.

Fooking mental!

Comment

Working...
                    X