• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO Amoria Bond Pimp asking me for three references

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAO Amoria Bond Pimp asking me for three references

To the lady who called me this morning asking for 3 references:

You know what your pic on Linkedin looked like to me, with your good haircut and your cheap mascara? You look like a rube. A well-scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition has given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from a dodgy agent, are you, Agent XXXX? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed? Pure south Bavarian. What's your father, dear? Is he a coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp? You know how quickly the agencies found you … all those tedious sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars … while you could only dream of getting out … getting anywhere … getting all the way to Amoria Bond.

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post

You know what your pic on Linkedin looked like to me, with your good haircut and your cheap mascara? You look like a rube. A well-scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition has given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from a dodgy agent, are you, Agent XXXX? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed? Pure south Bavarian. What's your father, dear? Is he a coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp? You know how quickly the agencies found you … all those tedious sticky fumblings in the back seats of cars … while you could only dream of getting out … getting anywhere … getting all the way to Amoria Bond.
    Are you on the gin already, its not even lunch time!

Comment

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Did they send you the representation paperwork they send out.... it goes straight to the virtual round filing cabinet.... Then if the role isn't advertised by someone else I phone up Modus or one of the S3 group to get them to find the client and put me forward..
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You know what your pic on Linkedin looked like to me, with your good haircut and your cheap mascara? You look like a rube. A well-scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. ...
          What in the name of Fairy Queen Maeve and the Seven Goblins of Galway is a "rube"?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Did they send you the representation paperwork they send out.... it goes straight to the virtual round filing cabinet.... Then if the role isn't advertised by someone else I phone up Modus or one of the S3 group to get them to find the client and put me forward..
            Damn. I haven't played it well then.

I just said that it is my company's policy not to provide references until an offer is made. Once the offer is made, I usually provide the previous agency details.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              What in the name of Fairy Queen Maeve and the Seven Goblins of Galway is a "rube"?
              a country bumpkin

Comment

Working...
              X