• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NO motivation or interest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO motivation or interest

Have been suffering from this in the last year or so, I have no interest or motivation to work at all, last year I had a very exciting and demanding contract, but that was finished, then took a couple of months off then came back to this contract which is sooooo undemanding, very little tasks, waste some time on this forum again after a long absence... thing is at both project the exciting one or the totally easy one I felt the same, not sure what to do about it, how to I get back the buzz and feel good about working, not even good, I just want to be worried enough to do my job right like I used to do before, am not saying am doing it badly now, but I could certainly put in a lot more effort, used to be 120% now I put in like 50% effort...

Its not like I dream of working somewhere else or different career etc etc, I just don't want to work full stop... don't think its stress and a need for a break, I already took a break, and my contract is totally stress free...

Anyone went through this? What would you suggest I do to snap out of this state?

Why can't I edit the title ... meant No motivation OR interest
    Last edited by cojak; 28 August 2015, 13:47. Reason: Changed it for you.

Comment

Vodka

Comment

Find something else to get fired up about. IR35 is a good one.

Comment

Go sign on at the dole office. That'll get you motivated.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Oh also am not like depressed or anything, I have a really good social network, I go to various events and organise events myself, cultural, sporty, social etc... my life outside work is really great, and really enjoy it... so that's not the reason, I just lost interest in working !

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Go sign on at the dole office. That'll get you motivated.
              I am really grateful that this career I chose is offering me a good standard of living, and thankfully good jobs ... I really do appreciate working in IT, I tried to get out of it about 10 years ago, and that really made me think how good we have it... I just can't help feeling this way.... I don't care about work at all !

Comment

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                  I have a really good social network, I go to various events and organise events myself, cultural, sporty, social etc
                  Send us an invite to one of those swinging parties you organise

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Vodka
                    Always thinking of ways to help your mother Russia

Comment

Working...
                    X