• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Compulsive hoarding disorder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compulsive hoarding disorder

"A man has been granted official permission to continue storing dozens of old doors and window frames in his front garden because he is a hoarder.

The man’s neighbours are furious that he has been given the dispensation to carry on filling his front garden with the surplus domestic fittings. "

Source: Man allowed to keep garden strewn with clutter 'because he is a hoarder' - Telegraph

AtW's comment -

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "A man has been granted official permission to continue storing dozens of old doors and window frames in his front garden because he is a hoarder.

The man’s neighbours are furious that he has been given the dispensation to carry on filling his front garden with the surplus domestic fittings. "

Source: Man allowed to keep garden strewn with clutter 'because he is a hoarder' - Telegraph

AtW's comment -

Nowt that can't be fixed with a gallon of unleaded and a match.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Looks like (a) a fire hazard and (b) using residential accomodation for business purposes.

If I were a neighbour I'd contact the Council to ask (for a start) if he was paying business rates.

I'd also be tempted to pop a lighted match over the fence one sunny day
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

<rant>
        Are you ranting that he owns a house where as you don't?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          Are you ranting that he owns a house where as you don't?
          I've got the same stuff, only mine is inside.

HTH

Comment

The Telegraph really is in a sorry state these days, isn't it? It seems to be competing with the Mail to misrepresent stories for the purposes of clickbait, including the same technique of hiding the actual story many paragraphs down so they can claim they weren't lying.

TLDR: he hasn't been granted permission for anything. An enforcement notice issued by the council has been determined to have been issued on legally incorrect grounds. The notice has thus been quashed, and the council has been told to get its act together and sort out a legally valid notice, so it can take enforcement action.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The Telegraph really is in a sorry state these days, isn't it? It seems to be competing with the Mail to misrepresent stories for the purposes of clickbait, including the same technique of hiding the actual story many paragraphs down so they can claim they weren't lying.
              Korbyn will fix it...

Comment

Working...
              X