• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

has anyone been caught sleeping at work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone been caught sleeping at work

I feel so sleepy after lunch zzzzzzzzz

yep, in my early 20's I was found a sleep and p*ssed in the executive toliet shower room after an xmas lunch. They had knocked on the locked door and didnt get a response, thinking someone had may be slipped and was unconsious they forced the door and found me a sleep. Luckily they were ok about it being xmas and such.

Comment

I dozed off in an afternoon meeting on monday, right next to my PM. He must have noticed, don't think i snored or talked in my sleep though
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I have mastered the art of keeping my eyes open and nodding wisely during meetings while fast asleep. Just stop the nodding if you want a nap in front of a PC
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          I have mastered the art of keeping my eyes open and nodding wisely during meetings while fast asleep. Just stop the nodding if you want a nap in front of a PC
          The only other animal ,who can sleep with its eyes open is fish.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
            I feel so sleepy after lunch zzzzzzzzz
            Not yet but give me half an hour at that might.. chang.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z zz zzz

Comment

In my student days I worked for Shell during my summer holidays. I went out on a really heavy night out. I got a lift to work early and as nobody was in the office had a kip in my bosses chair. Got caught when everybody came in.

At another place, after the christmas do, I got lost on the way home, but managed to find the offices. managed to get the security gaurd to let me in and slept at my desk. When people started arriving, in my still drunken state I thought it would be better if I slept under my desk.

Finally at another place, and after another Christmas do I had access to the server rooms. So I printed off a load of faults, took one of the keys and had a kip in there for a few hours. I woke up with pins and needles in both legs and freezing due to the air con.

Worked at a place where one person fell asleep in a meeting. The whole meeting got quieter and quieter as to not wake him.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                The only other animal ,who can sleep with its eyes open is fish.
                Indeed. Funny how evolution works, innit? Both the most intelligent and the least find the same coping mechanisms.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Thas so wrong of you to say that fish are the most intelligent

Comment

I found the comms engineer alseep in the main comms room - Called the other engineers - We tied the guys shoe laces together. Then rang his mobile from binhind some cabinets - Oh I wish they had phones with Video Camera's back then.
                    Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Working...
                    X