• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I may have been wrong about Global Warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have been wrong about Global Warming

The correlation between temperatures and greenhouse gasses is striking.
    Notice how they have ben rising and falling in tandem,
    There is no doubt about it we are doomed. and my @rse is a cream bun

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

https://youtu.be/Qp-nJKBwQR4
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

No one denies that the climate is changing

The strawman argument. The logical fallacy
      'A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent.'
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

I think the climate is changing and mankind probably has a non-negligible part to play in that. But I still don't really care. Pollution, deforestation, etc I can get on board with as something we should be trying to do something about, but the climate changing - unless it's going to make the world substantially less liveable - not really.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I think the climate is changing and mankind probably has a non-negligible part to play in that. But I still don't really care. Pollution, deforestation, etc I can get on board with as something we should be trying to do something about, but the climate changing - unless it's going to make the world substantially less liveable - not really.
          that just about sums up my position.
          I think the only difference between us is that I am angry that the trillions wasted on this scam could have given the worlds poor clean drinking water about three times over.
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Envorinmental issues have been completely hijacked by these Carbon fraudsters. Now green = CO2.

The important issues such as pollution of the Oceans, deforestation (mostly to grow friggin eco fuels ), habitat loss etc all swept under the carpet, replaced by "how much Co2 does a car produce".

Utter scandal.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              The strawman argument. The logical fallacy
              'A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent.'
              That is not the argument you should be discussing. You should be discussing the tin man argument.

HTH.

Comment

I think the only difference between us is that I am angry that the trillions wasted on this scam could have given the worlds poor clean drinking water about three times over.
                Now that is a straw man, because we wouldn't, any more than we will redirect the defence budget (Clean water, around 11 billion USD, defence spending by US alone, around 1 trillion). And the effects of climate change will fall disproportionately on poor countries, who are least responsible. This report, from the Citi group found that the ROI on action to mitigate AGW was between 3-10% by 2035, which equates to several tens of trillions USD. It joins the pile of similar studies which shows that inaction is more expensive than action in the long term.

The important issues such as pollution of the Oceans, deforestation (mostly to grow friggin eco fuels), habitat loss etc all swept under the carpet, replaced by "how much Co2 does a car produce".
                Agreed, there's a lot of greenwash out there. However most deforestation is for palm oil, actually. And it is a source of CO2, which is why the IPCC authored a special report on the topic. The scientists can advise, but ultimately only Governments can act. Denial is thus unhelpful, and expensive.

Comment

If you want to do your bit for the environment then consume less, shop local and eat seasonal.

Whether you accept or reject climate change, or anything about the money making business side of it, just go for a healthier approach to life.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    If you want to do your bit for the environment then consume less, shop local and eat seasonal.
                    Whether you accept or reject climate change, or anything about the money making business side of it, just go for a healthier approach to life.

Comment

Working...
                    X