• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition to get the gov to reconsider the dividend tax changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Petition to get the gov to reconsider the dividend tax changes

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/106525

Not sure if this has already been posted but if you've not signed please consider doing so

Tis the least of our worries.

Comment

Signed, but it's obvious Osborne won't give a flying fook, if anything he'd use it to show how few people pentitioned him and thus the changes are ok.

Comment

What's the petition actually asking for?

Comment

Get to 10,000 votes and the government will say lolno

Get to 100,000 votes and they will mention it briefly whereupon they will say lolno

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

If we get to 1 mln then Osborne will have to eat a guinea pig.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Signed, but it's obvious Osborne won't give a flying fook, if anything he'd use it to show how few people pentitioned him and thus the changes are ok.
              Agreed, AtW, nobody gives a flying fook. We don't matter. We are not even targets, we're barely worth calling collateral damage. We think we are the much-vaunted flexible workforce, but we are in no way what people mean who use that phrase. Face it: nobody cares.

Some of us will continue. Some will go perm. Some will find other careers. Some will emigrate. Some will just quit. And nobody will notice. A few tens of thousands of contractors will be replaced from the subcontinent in the invisible blink of an eye.

Maybe quality of service will be lowered by diluting the skilled pool with less expensive resources: who will notice? Crap IT will be "IT is crap", it will not be "I wish we hadn't driven out all our home-grown flexible professionals".

Comment

Life as a business owner means very long hours, low pay, stress, no holiday or sick pay & a life of uncertainty & worry.
                Since I don't agree with most of that, and doubt many contractors would, why would I sign? It makes it sound like owning a business is pretty terrible, so I suggest those people stop doing something that makes them miserable .
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Since I don't agree with most of that, and doubt many contractors would, why would I sign? It makes it sound like owning a business is pretty terrible, so I suggest those people stop doing something that makes them miserable .
                  Because the aim is to save you 2-3k of new tax each year.

Comment

Originally posted by NonnyMouse View Post
                    Because the aim is to save you 2-3k of new tax each year.
                    I hardly think lying about my situation to serve my own interests is a particularly noble demonstration of democracy.

It also weakens the petition to be built on untruths... they'll take one look and say "you contractors are not low-earners working long hours".

And people running a traditional small business, who do typically work extremely long hours for little income, are not really going to be affected to the same extent, if at all, because they are not maxing out their personal income to the higher rate using dividends.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X