• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A year of no smoking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A year of no smoking

Smoked my last cigarette a year ago, not been too bad, but do miss it sometimes. Usually when I have a pint in my hand.

Used e-cigs for a couple of weeks but they broke and got binned, nothing since not even a single puff.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Congratulations.

Go and treat yourself to something. It's the toughest addiction to beat apparently.

Took me many attempts & I'm now in my 9th year.

Still like the smell of fags though. Reminds me of home I guess; coffee and cigarette smoke first thing in the morning.

Comment

I only smoke post coital.

Down to 10 a day now.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
        Smoked my last cigarette a year ago, not been too bad, but do miss it sometimes. Usually when I have a pint in my hand.

Used e-cigs for a couple of weeks but they broke and got binned, nothing since not even a single puff.
        Well done that man, I still struggle along to avoid them when having a pint.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I only smoke post coital.

Down to 10 a day now.

I don't think they count 'alone time' as coitus.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The last time I smoked was when I grabbed a soldering iron by the wrong end.

owwww
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

It was my uncle that taught me how to smoke.

He showed me how one could break off the dried stems of wild clematis, otherwise known as old man's beard, and smoke them.

This is because the stem of the wild clematis has a particular chambered structure to the pith that allows the perfect degree air intake upon suction to maintain a smouldering burn akin to that of a lit cigarette.

We used to call these smoking sticks but, fortunately, as they tasted so disgusting I never progressed to becoming a full blown cigarette smoker.

Comment

I'm 54 and have had 54 years of no smoking. Go me!

Comment

March 20th, 1990, 11:30 pm, a Benson and Hedges with 6 left in the pack. But who's counting...?

Thing I used was some Merkin psychi trick; never gave up, just didn't smoke for a day. then the next one. And so on...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    March 20th, 1990, 11:30 pm, a Benson and Hedges with 6 left in the pack. But who's counting...?

Thing I used was some Merkin psychi trick; never gave up, just didn't smoke for a day. then the next one. And so on...
                    You used a fanny wig to help you give up smoking?

Comment

Working...
                    X