• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Come if you think you are hard enough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come if you think you are hard enough

UK's national sperm bank has just 9 registered donors | Daily Mail Online

National sperm bank has just NINE registered donors as boss plans to challenge men to 'prove their manhood'
    A year after it was established, UK's national sperm bank has 9 customers
    Chief executive Laura Witjens is set to unveil new promotional campaign
    She hopes to appeal to men's vanity in order to attract sperm donations
    No limit on donations to Europe. We could populate it with Cuk offspring. History will record the rise of 'General Land' or 'TPD Isle'
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

9 donors accepted, many rejected. I'm semi-curious* to go, just to get a free sperm test

* yes that was deliberate
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      9 donors accepted, many rejected. I'm semi-curious* to go, just to get a free sperm test

* yes that was deliberate
      Sorry pal, they don't do withdrawls.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

In the UK you must be under 40 (I think) to be a sperm donor

You also have to be barking mad, because who is to say a judge won't order you to pay maintenance for any offspring fathered by your sample.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

*cough*

http://forums.contractoruk.com/light...ml#post2137993
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Sorry pal, they don't do withdrawls.
            I rather think they do, otherwise it would be a pretty useless venture.

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            You also have to be barking mad, because who is to say a judge won't order you to pay maintenance for any offspring fathered by your sample.
            The laws that explicitly state you have no responsibility or right to find who you have sired, that they may find you but have no claim to you whatsoever.

Comment

I suppose a cough might be part of the tests. But it doesn't count as a KUATB.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The laws that explicitly state you have no responsibility or right to find who you have sired, that they may find you but have no claim to you whatsoever.
                That may be what the clinic claims; but I doubt if it is "the law", even if donees are willing to sign something that irrevocably waives their rights to maintenance.

Comment

It's what the article claims, I haven't personally read the legislation. You think in 20 years you'll get sued for passing on crap genes?

Comment

You think in 20 years you'll get sued for passing on crap genes?
                    Sigh ..

2013-07-13 Online sperm donor ordered to pay maintenance for child after judge rules he is the father

Comment

Working...
                    X