• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Todays high paying contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todays high paying contract

Not!

My client, a leading publisher within the financial sector is urgently looking to recruit 2 x ASP. NET/SQL Contractors/Web Developers.

You must have at least 12 months ASP. NET experience ideally with VB. NET and ideally have experience of Classic ASP.

You will have experience of working in a fast-moving environment.

Demonstrable experience of developing data-driven public facing Websites in a fast paced environment under tight constraints.

Contract length will be 3 months initially. Interviews will be taking place next week.

The rate for this position is £18 - £20 per hour.
    I did n't got for that rate at the bottom of the market!

"Demonstrable experience of developing data-driven public facing Websites in a fast paced environment under tight constraints. "

i.e. we have no spec..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

"You must have at least 12 months ASP. NET experience ideally with VB. NET and ideally have experience of Classic ASP."

You will be supporting and adding crappy features to a legacy asp application that we would like to upgrade to .net but it will never happen
      whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

"Contract length will be 3 months initially"

....and if you're good value at that rate then we will coerce you to stick with it for the next two years.
        It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

I saw a C++ job on cwjobs the other day that was £10-£12 ph.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Do they get anybody for rates like that?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I had a permie job like that once, back in the dark ages.
              Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

I've noticed some appallingly low rates on offer recently-often for quite experienced positions.

I figure it must be for a large bank wanting more FTV's in, and will use the non-take up by local contractors as supporting evidence to the authorities
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Whenever you speak to agents about this, they always say that they have had loads of applicants. Who are they? or is it bollocks?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                    Whenever you speak to agents about this, they always say that they have had loads of applicants. Who are they? or is it bollocks?
                    If you look at the jobs on reed.co.uk youll often see the applicants for the lower rate gig's have more applicants....

and if I hear what is the lowest you will go down to phrase again I will tell them where to shove it. Wish they would be open and say the client will pay 400, take my cut off and we can put you in for 350. Why the fek is it always shady hush-hush and one sided (the agent knows what your getting but will harldy ever disclose his cut)
                    Last edited by HankWangford; 4 October 2006, 23:19.
                    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Comment

Working...
                    X