• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any space on the self-deboomed bench please?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any space on the self-deboomed bench please?

I've deboomed from last contract. Am on the bench for the time being. Have an interview for this afternoon, but am not hopeful. The environment I was in was a bit toxic. I know I should have stuck it out for another 4 or 5 weeks, but it was time for me to move on. Here's hoping something booms pretty soon.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    I've deboomed from last contract. Am on the bench for the time being. Have an interview for this afternoon, but am not hopeful. The environment I was in was a bit toxic. I know I should have stuck it out for another 4 or 5 weeks, but it was time for me to move on. Here's hoping something booms pretty soon.
    Am considering the same, bored sh!tless with the lack and variety of work @ current clientco, only a 3 month role to take me to the end of september, would bail now but hoping to eek out the next month and line something up to start after.

Comment

I don't get it - unless you are personally being persecuted or something, why leave a contract where you are being paid, to instead sit on the bench and have zero income?

Why not find another contract and then invoke your one week notice on the current contract?

Unless of course you have enough money that you don't need to worry!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        I don't get it - unless you are personally being persecuted or something, why leave a contract where you are being paid, to instead sit on the bench and have zero income?

Why not find another contract and then invoke your one week notice on the current contract?

Thats what I am doing, current role is like hammering nails into my eyeballs but trying to get something else lined up before I finish in a months time.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

The role was making me ill. No, I don't have huge amounts of money in the bank, but I am not one for staying in a role for the sake of it whilst I am making myself ill. I know it goes against the grain. Also, it is impossible to look for new contract roles whilst I am there as there is a culture of witch hunt as soon as you answer your phone.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

The role was making me ill. No, I don't have huge amounts of money in the bank, but I am not one for staying in a role for the sake of it whilst I am making myself ill. I know it goes against the grain. Also, it is impossible to look for new contract roles whilst I am there as there is a culture of witch hunt as soon as you answer your phone.
            Sometimes when you've gotta go, you gotta go, I can just about spin my role for a few weeks but it will be a painful month...

Comment

+1

My last day is Friday, means the are having to do some work and arent they squeeling

All bills paid up to Jan so

Comment

Sounds like a terrible place. You're well out of it. We'll all budge along and you can grab a warm spot in the middle

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Sounds like a terrible place. You're well out of it. We'll all budge along and you can grab a warm spot in the middle
                  Warm but not damp I hope.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Warm but not damp I hope.

Comment

Working...
                    X