• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CRB checks at banks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRB checks at banks

Do they do them?

before you ask I'm not a nonse or anything. Just got in a few fights a few years back.

TIA

Yes. I once applied for a job and was declined as I was charged with ABH when I was a bit younger.

Bye bye job.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Even if the convictions are spent MF?

WTF have they got rehab of offenders for if they are never spent. I may as well become a fecking agent.

Comment

Once convicted mate.

Comment

Thanks MF. Next time I get offered a nicked plasma TV I may as well take the fcuker. Well done Tony Blaire and your left wing commis.

BNP all the way for me now.

Comment

I had a friend who applied and started a job a while back. About six weeks in he was asked to fill in a form asking about previous convictions. He had spent 5 years inside for armed robbery with a fake gun.

He mentioned it to his parole officer. Who suggested coming clean and that he would give a reference. While thinking about it, his parole officer wrote a letter to his new employee, who on receipt - fired him. So

Comment

Originally posted by DGK
              I'm not a nonse or anything
              That's a matter of opinion.

Hello & welcome back HH&H
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

HHH - the original troll.

Comment

You have to remember that HR types have miniscule brains. The simplest of tasks and decisions is a major, major project for them which of course results in such tasks being put to one side indefinitely.

And if they find an employee had a minor criminal record this miniscule HR brain cannot possibly hope to distinguish between even a minor criminal offence and a psychopathic intergalactic conqueror.

Miniscule HR brains can only comprehend applicants (in HR speak 'replicants') who are and have only ever done the exact requirements for a given vacancy. No more and no less. All genuine human beings only ever work as employees. Applicants who have not been employees before or for a long'ish time is completely alien to the miniscule HR brain. Such applicants therefore must also be psychopathic intergalactic conquerors and to be avoided at all cost.

Comment

Problem with convictions is that even after they are spent they still appear on police database. Therefore when you have a CRB check it does appear but most will accept an explaination. They only areas that rigorously enforce spent convictions are in Teaching / Police / Financial Institutions and working with children.
                    Check - Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974

Comment

Working...
                    X