• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Swindon landlords out there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Swindon landlords out there?

Nightmare landlords: 'The rent on our decrepit home went up £75, and then we were evicted' - Telegraph

When Karen Daye moved into a privately rented home in Swindon last year, it appeared to be in good working order.
    But before long she discovered sinking floor boards, loose electric wires near a water leak and a poorly-installed shower that was unsafe to use.
    Instead of addressing these issues, the landlord demanded an extra £75 a month in rent, mid-contract, and then evicted Ms Daye when she refused to pay.

Blah, blah.

Landlord is a tosser.

Move out.

Take landlord to court. Breach of contract, etc.

Plus criminal complaint if harassment was really bad.

Otherwise, what's the issue?

Actually, I've got a couple of crap tenants in a couple of my places. Wonder if they want to go live in Swindon?

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
      Actually, I've got a couple of crap tenants in a couple of my places. Wonder if they want to go live in Swindon?
      Nope, even DimPrawn left it, only cuz his Honda Civic Type-R wasn't cool enough for the town

Comment

I was born in the Gorse Hill area of the town and left it when I was 13.

I have returned twice.

Once for a watersports activity afeternoon at the Oasis and, the other time, to see Janie Cullum live in concert at the Wyvern Theatre.

Anybody who says dispartaging things about Swindon has obviously not travelled much within the UK. Try Consett, Govan, Bootle, Blythe to name a few...

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
          I was born in the Gorse Hill area of the town and left it when I was 13.

I have returned twice.

Once for a watersports activity afeternoon at the Oasis and, the other time, to see Janie Cullum live in concert at the Wyvern Theatre.

Anybody who says dispartaging things about Swindon has obviously not travelled much within the UK. Try Consett, Govan, Bootle, Blythe to name a few...
          Having travelled extensively round the home counties and visited Swindon once, I can confirm that Swindon is the worst. Apart from Guildford.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Having travelled extensively round the home counties and visited Swindon once, I can confirm that Swindon is the worst. Apart from Guildford.
            Worse than Slough, Luton, High Wycombe and going further afield Coventry, Southampton and Portsmouth?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Worse than Slough, Luton, High Wycombe and going further afield Coventry, Southampton and Portsmouth?
              Oddly I nearly mentioned Slough. My sister works in Slough - lives in the Chalfonts. The employees are recommended to travel off site in pairs if on foot!

I like Luton. Plus suity lives there. High Wycombe has an interesting old railway line that used to run under the M40 viaduct.

Coventry is up north. All of which is infinitely worse than Swindon. Especially North Wales. Mrs BP and I cannot wait to move out. To Bexhill-on-sea.

Comment

Oddly I nearly mentioned Slough. My sister works in Slough - lives in the Chalfonts. The employees are recommended to travel off site in pairs if on foot!

I like Luton. Plus suity lives there. High Wycombe has an interesting old railway line that used to run under the M40 viaduct.

Coventry is up north. All of which is infinitely worse than Swindon. Especially North Wales. Mrs BP and I cannot wait to move out. To Bexhill-on-sea.
                You married again?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  You married again?
                  Yeah. Marriage number 5. I can't believe that 5 women hate me. They are all wrong.

Comment

Indeed it has and I have extensively explored that stretch of line.

Comment

Working...
                    X