• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

National Cycle to Work Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Cycle to Work Day

How many of you cycled to work today?

I made a special point of loading my trusty old Moulton into the back of the jalopy and joining all the others who then park in a residential street on the edge of town and then cycle to the rail station.

Of course, I made a special point of undertaking all slow moving / stationary traffic during my progression to the station such that I made myself an obstacle to navigate an average of 10 separate occasions for each car that passed me.

Hopefully this will lead to more people ditching their cars in favour of pedal power!

Damn. If I would have known I would have been more aggressive.

While cycling over the Clifton roundabout today (A20 meets the Sarf Circ) someone DELIBERATELY tried to force me off my bike. I just ignored him. I should have shouted aggressively before remembering I am a coward and apologising.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
      How many of you cycled to work today?
      I did. I do every year, dutifully.

I'm sitting in A&E with a broken arm. The nurses are laughing at me and saying, "Didn't we see you here last year, too?"

It's pretty rough cycling downstairs from my bedroom. The real killer, though, is when I crash into the inside of my front door at the bottom. That turn is really tight, and I never seem to make it.

Maybe next year.

Comment

I couldn't get it up the stairs to my home office.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X