• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grixx USB stick mystery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grixx USB stick mystery

I just bought 2 x Grixx 128 GB USB 3.0 thumb drives from 7 day shop. They arrived in the same jiffy bag and are identical.

However, one was formatted exFAT, and the other vFAT (which I reformatted to exFat). Weird.

Anyway the are excellent. Write speeds of over 95 MB/s. I copied 73GB of data from one to the other in about 13 minutes.

Fascinating, not up to Scroatman story fascinating, but fascinating none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Fascinating, not up to Scroatman story fascinating, but fascinating none the less.

now if you had added in the fact you had drunk a pint of Theakstons prototype ale made out of women's stockings...
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
        I just bought 2 x Grixx 128 GB USB 3.0 thumb drives from 7 day shop. They arrived in the same jiffy bag and are identical.

However, one was formatted exFAT, and the other vFAT (which I reformatted to exFat). Weird.

Anyway the are excellent. Write speeds of over 95 MB/s. I copied 73GB of data from one to the other in about 13 minutes.
        I was having trouble falling asleep yesterday but after reading and re-reading that a few times I went off like a light, thanks unixman!

Comment

Working...
        X