• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Torygraph billionaire land owners launch a campaign we can all get behind...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torygraph billionaire land owners launch a campaign we can all get behind...

Buy-to-let tax: 'My five properties were my pension, now my tax bill will jump 38pc' - Telegraph

Comment

Read the comments. All are against her. And that's the telegraph readers!

What disgusts me is that anyone thinks they have a right to unearned riches at the expense of others - in this case the young.

I am all in favour of wealth from ingenuity or hard work.

I think Obsorne has not gone far enough. He needs to hit BTLers much harder and start on foreign owners. If Corbyn promises the same he could well win the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

What disgusts me is that anyone thinks they have a right to unearned riches at the expense of others - in this case the young.

I think Obsorne has not gone far enough. He needs to hit BTLers much harder and start on foreign owners. If Corbyn promises the same he could well win the next election.
        Brillo play nice I was just about to purchase a BTL this year instead of putting it into a pension.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

What disgusts me are people who think it's okay to change the law so that expenses such as interest are no longer claimable, but rail against the very same thing (T&S) when it happens to them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            Brillo play nice I was just about to purchase a BTL this year instead of putting it into a pension.
            I think you still should go BTL! The only things keeping the UK afloat are immigration and house price rises. As soon as Osborne realises there is a chance house prices might go down he will find a way to reinflate them.

You just can't lose!

I was talking from a moral point of view. And who cares about that?

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            What disgusts me are people who think it's okay to change the law so that expenses such as interest are no longer claimable, but rail against the very same thing (T&S) when it happens to them.
            What gets me is that people who think that changes to T&S are unacceptable railed against the bn66 lot during retrospective legislation.

And will now repeat the same mistake of parliamentary lobbying which is doomed to fail.

Apologies to all those on here who have supported bn66 - and I thank them for their support over the last 7 years. I am fully against T&S changes.

Comment

How the fook are they 'unearned riches at the expense of others'???

Why the fook should we be limited to 20% tax back. I pay 45% tax, George has already screwed me by saying I can only get 20% tax on my pension and he's hit my on my BTLS. I generated the money and paid tax on it, to keep low life waste of spaces on benefits, pay for immigrants and politicians.

If I choose to be a high earner paying > 100K in tax every year, then if I want to save some of it I should get it back at the rate of tax I paid.

If you want to be rich work harder like me, as opposed to being taxed for it and given to ******* freeloaders.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Why the fook should we be limited to 20% tax back. I pay 45% tax
                Create Ltd wrapper for real estate in question, get 100% deductable expenses and save on stamp duty when selling 100% shares of the company which remains the sole owner of the house

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Why the fook should we be limited to 20% tax back. I pay 45% tax, George has already screwed me by saying I can only get 20% tax on my pension and he's hit my on my BTLS. I generated the money and paid tax on it, to keep low life waste of spaces on benefits, pay for immigrants and politicians.

If I choose to be a high earner paying > 100K in tax every year, then if I want to save some of it I should get it back at the rate of tax I paid.

If you want to be rich work harder like me, as opposed to being taxed for it and given to ******* freeloaders.
                  Your worked hard for the 20%ish or whatever is the down payment you made. Your tenants are working hard to pay the rest of the mortgage and interests, not you...

Comment

Osborne has BTL in his sights.

Rumour has it be was showed the tax return of someone who made £150k profit and paid no tax on it, and his face went white.

Up the tax then rent control.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X