• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Renting Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renting Question

I am a landlord with some properties. I have been renting out to private people. However i have heard that renting out to asylum seekers brings in more rent as the government pay for it and I wish to help out with the present humanitarian crisis.

Has anybody done this or know anything about it as i am considering renting to asylum seekers but want to know if i would actually benefit from it or not.

thanks

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I suspect that the rent available will be LHA rates.

Google 'LHA rates [location of MF's Property Empire]'

I know when I thought about it some time ago the authorities weren't interested in the property I had to offer as there was already too high a density of asylum type chappies in that area already (and this was 10+ years ago).

Don't expect the property to be treated as well as it would be in the hands of working blue collar types.

You are a member of RLA or NLA, aren't you?

Comment

Humanitarian crisis defined -- an opportunity to make more money at government expense while feeling noble about "helping out."

Comment

Bet the extra rent won't come anywhere near covering the repairs needed.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Bet the extra rent won't come anywhere near covering the repairs needed.
          8 to a room more than covers the cost of the repairs and the coach I've just hired to go to Calais to pick them all up. First thing on Monday down to the benefits office to help them fill in the forms.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            8 to a room more than covers the cost of the repairs and the coach I've just hired to go to Calais to pick them all up. First thing on Monday down to the benefits office to help them fill in the forms.
            Its a joke. Just not a funny one

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Also, don't forget there is an onus on you to prove that your tenants have a right to rent in this country...

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
                Also, don't forget there is an onus on you to prove that your tenants have a right to rent in this country...
                MF is renting out to an offshore firm whose designated employees would be resident in the dwelling from time to time...

Comment

You're one sad twat, MF.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    You're one sad twat, MF.
                    He's just got a peculiar sense of humour and a lot of weight on his shoulders

Comment

Working...
                    X