• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home alone.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home alone.

Not quite the way the filmic extravaganza went, but effective none the less.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/us-home-al...0.html#M9z590J

For dear old departed Freako, this relates to an 11 year old kid who offed an attempted burglar in St. Louis by shooting the mother****er in the head.

No doubt the mother will now be done for child endangerment.

An 11-year-old boy shot a teenage intruder dead after he attempted to break into his family's St Louis home. The boy was home alone with his four-year-old sister on Thursday (3 September) when the teenage tried several times to enter the property.

Police were called to the house where they found the body of a 16-year-old lying in the front foyer. The teenager, whose identity has not been released, had been shot once in the head.

An 11-year-old who was inside picked up a handgun and fired one round, striking the suspect and fatally wounding him. It just seems that at this point anyone can pull the trigger on a weapon, it's very scary.

Neighbours reported seeing the boy and the teenager arguing on the porch when the shooting took place. Sergeant Brian Schellman said the intruder was fatally shot after managing to get inside the house.

"An 11-year-old who was inside picked up a handgun and fired one round, striking the suspect and fatally wounding him,' said Sgt. Brian Schellman. "It just seems that at this point anyone can pull the trigger on a weapon, it's very scary," added Schellman.

A second 16-year-old suspect also reportedly fled the scene upon hearing gun shots. He was apprehended shortly after the shooting. Both the boy and his younger sister were unhurt. The children's mother was not at home during the attempted break-in, but is co-operating with the investigation. It is believed she bought the handgun after previous attempted break-ins.

Police say they are investigating why the children were home alone. It was also unclear how the 11-year-old had access to a firearm. The home has been cordoned off during the investigation.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 8 June 2017, 15:36.

I'm sure it'll be covered by the fourth ammendment. Most things seem to be. Whatever it is

Comment

Slightly OT, but reminds me of the story of colleague of mine told me of his grandmother in South Africa. She's incredibly old, but still runs her farm. On a drive into town she stopped to pick up a hitchhiker. As they drove along he threatened her with a knife and told her to pull over. She stopped the car, and he demanded she give him money, so she fumbled in her handbag...

...and brought out her gun and shot him dead. Two shots in quick succession to the head. She was later given a warning by the police for carrying an unlicensed weapon. All her weapons are now licensed.

This little old lady worked for the Allies in WW2 in Germany as an SOE agent. Her gun was left over from that.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Do they still allow flamethrowers to be fitted to cars in SA to prevent carjacking?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

I worry for how that kid's going to turn out though. One the one hand I realise that kids can be more mature and "adult" than we often realise or remember, but on the other - a bleedin' 11 year old shooting a guy in the head. That's going to mess with you no matter what.

Comment

Working...
        X