• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oops you know it was going to happen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops you know it was going to happen

Jennifer Cramblett who wanted blonde baby sues clinic over her mixed-race baby | Daily Mail Online

US lesbian mother who wanted blonde baby sues clinic after giving birth to mixed-race girl
    Jennifer Cramblett said she wanted sperm of white, blonde-haired donor
    She was sent vials from a different person - an African American - by clinic
    The employee misread her handwriting and selected the wrong fluids
    Now she and her partner, Amanda Zinkon, are suing the clinic for error
    Oh Dear
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Could have been worse I suppose...

Comment

"Handwriting"? In 2015? What are these people, monks?

Comment

Only took them 3 years to realise they need to sue... money grabbing #$%&* I don't defend the clinic that have obviously made a mistake but...

Comment

In the UK a couple once sued as his vasectomy did not work. The judge told them that children are a blessing(he has clearly not met my children!) and dismissed the claim.

I hope the US shows similar sense. Children are a blessing. Plenty of children need adoption/fostering. Mrs BP and I want to do this - but the red-tape involved puts us off.

And our initial request was turned down as ex-mrs-bp has a kidney transplant that might fail and the twins might live with us. The children are 13 and can look after themselves and her. I they did move in with us we have a 6 bedroom house with bedroom for each of them as well as foster children.

And fostering still claim they are desperate for foster parents.

I suppose its the usual government incompetency.

Comment

A child is for life...

not just for xmas

this is the big problem with 'designer' babies - real people who want to be parents do not care about the colour of their off springs hair.

unless they are ginger mind you that is always a bit devastating for the parents.

Comment

Their argument seems to be "We live in a racist society. Now we're exposed to that, we want compensation."
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Their argument seems to be "We live in a racist society. Now we're exposed to that, we want compensation."
                Mrs V is a child minder, we frequently go out with a multi coloured brood. The reactions are amusing, sometimes worrying. They are all kids and beautiful in their own way.

I'm not sure I would cope with having a brown baby via IVF both being white, conversely I'm not sure I would want a white baby if both Brown. it would be a very challenging situation.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

aye. imagine the conversation

'Hey babe, what do the instructions say ?'
                  'erm...difficult to read, Kunte Kinte I think'
                  'No worries babe, I will be very kinte'

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I hope the US shows similar sense. Children are a blessing. Plenty of children need adoption/fostering. Mrs BP and I want to do this - but the red-tape involved puts us off..
                    It's a fairly intrusive process; rightly so. Takes quite some time too. About 9 months and now nearly there.

Comment

Working...
                    X