• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheese on Toast

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheese on Toast

Grated cheese mixed with mayonnaise and a sprinkling of Worcestershire Sauce on white bread.

I toast one side of the bread thoroughly unde the grill before lighlty toasting the other side.

I then add the cheese mixture before returning it to the grill where I leave it until it starts bubbling & turns golden brown.

These are the thoughts that are getting me through this most tedious of Mondays.

Ruddy Luvverly :-)

Comment

How about mixing your grated cheese with a raw egg? Worcester sauce on once it's grilled and bubbling.

Comment

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
        How about mixing your grated cheese with a raw egg? Worcester sauce on once it's grilled and bubbling.
        Well, if I'm using home made mayonnaise, as I am wont to do from time to tome, I'll already have the raw egg!

Comment

Pea Wet...

Chips, scraps and Pea Wet, latter two free, cheap and healthy!

12p in 1971, post Monday 15th Feb, obvs.....

Comment

Shall I pass on my mayo ?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
              Well, if I'm using home made mayonnaise, I'll already have the raw egg!
              Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Shall I pass on my mayo ?
              Sounds like he has the mayo covered. Perhaps you could apply soothing lotion to his raw egg instead?

Comment

I like to use grainy mustard with Worcester sauce and a bit of Tabasco. Sometimes with 'interesting' bread from the bakery - one of my fav snacks/meals.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Are none of you lot married?
                  If I want cheese on toast I just yell. 'Wench, make me cheese on toast and make it now!'.

FFS don't tell the missus I posted this.
                  I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by GlenW View Post
                    Are none of you lot married?
                    If I want cheese on toast I just yell. 'Wench, make me cheese on toast and make it now!'.

FFS don't tell the missus I posted this.
                    The missus in Keighley or the one in Cullingworth?

Comment

Working...
                    X