• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now Bob's an accountant.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now Bob's an accountant.

Outsource to India: Would you do it? | AccountingWEB

For dear old Freako, this relates to an accountingweb article about outsourcing to India.

Much quickness and plenty cheapness it would appear.

I had a previous accountant some 10 years ago that worked like this.

UK company
    All paperwork scanned and sent to India
    Bob workers process numbers and update webtulipe

How did this work out?

Utter shambles, whatever you do, stay away from this concept!

Comment

was bound to happen, wonder if RR is reading this?

Soon there will be nothing left but salesmen and on premise repair staff.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There is also a trust/data protection issue here.

Company bank statements, tax affairs, receipts, credit card bills (company ones) get sent to god know who, and there is no control on how the info is managed or secured. There are no data protection laws there.

Was it coincidence I had about £10K of credit card fraud committed in India at the time I was using this accountant?

Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          There is also a trust/data protection issue here.

Company bank statements, tax affairs, receipts, credit card bills (company ones) get sent to god know who, and there is no control on how the info is managed or secured. There are no data protection laws there.

Was it coincidence I had about £10K of credit card fraud committed in India at the time I was using this accountant?

Maybe.
          what could possibly go wrong?

Good Morning I am Bertie there have been bad doings on your tax return will you please be giving me your Bank details.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sat next to a Windows technician no question about that.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Norfolk. Where Bob is not just your uncle.

Comment

Working...
              X