• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mileage or Petrol Receipts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mileage or Petrol Receipts

Who claims for Mileage and who claims for Petrol?

I've been claiming petrol receipts for the last year or so as I use the company debit card but my new accountant was tut tutting, saying I really should have been putting 40 mile (something I used to do before the shop).

Does everyone do mileage?

MF in 'If you have nothing to say Atw don't say it' Mode.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    MF in 'If you have nothing to say Atw don't say it' Mode.
    My car uses diesel...

Comment

It costs more in time and accountancy to claim petrol. Allways claim mileage
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I claim milage. It's far easier than trying to work out how much petrol/diesel you used for business and how much for peronal use.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Mileage
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Mileage here too

Comment

Mileage too. Is there something else more efficient you can do after you hit the 10,000@40p limit?

Comment

Mileage

Comment

Rightio then. Mileage it is. Wondered why the accountant was looking at me as if I was a large green lizard!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

As a company car driver I don't claim anything. I can't claim the 40/25p as it's not my car and to claim petrol I have to provide receipts for the petrol and work out exactly how much was used for my journey then claim that.

As my client is 10 miles from home it's just too much effort...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X