• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uber

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uber

Does anyone use them? I am going out tonight and the standard Black Cab cost home is about £70.

If I go with Uber, what are the chances that they
    a) harvest my card details and empty my bank account
    b) kidnap me and sell me to bum raping Somalians
    c) deliver me comfortably, safely and on time with no issues at all

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
    Does anyone use them? I am going out tonight and the standard Black Cab cost home is about £70.

You're secretly hoping that's the menu aren't you.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I use them - I like it

a) possible but unlikely, if it's any peace of mind, you get an email alert every time a journey has been completed using your account/card so you can challenge it straight away if it's not a journey you made (never happened to me)
      b) less likely than with a black cab, but possible
      c) very likely, and you'll know the approx price before you start your journey (can fluctuate based on traffic but app does take into account time of day and traffic data when it estimates your price range)

Comment

B) depends on how pretty you are

I use them in Leeds, no problems so far, only issue is they seem great for getting me home, but are a PITA for picking me up from home as they never have any drivers near by
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Mixed experiences in London, really.

One complaint is they seem to stop somewhere for the pick up and stay there, regardless how close they actually are to you.
          Another is the prices are wildly optimistic, usually coming out to quite a bit more. They have never beaten the cheapest fare I can get back from a destination either.

That having been said, very useful if you do not know anyone else to use, in the area.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Regarding (a) I used Uber in the U.S. and I'm sure I signed up with Paypal in which case they don't have my card details of course

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Regarding (a) I used Uber in the U.S. and I'm sure I signed up with Paypal in which case they don't have my card details of course
              I use Paypal with Über in Leeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                I don't trust PayPal ever since they supported a Skype demand for payment of fraudulent transactions to my account.

Comment

Is this the same company that is planning to rename itself to 'Uberkunts' ?

Comment

Use them loads in Birmingham, seem to be about 10% cheaper than a private hire. You occasionally get a n00b driver who tries it on with a longer route as they are on a meter but you just give them a poor rating. The better (95%) of drivers try to get the monthly bonuses for top ratings etc so don't try it on and are really nice.
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                    X