• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speedbird Mayday Mayday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedbird Mayday Mayday

British Airways plane catches fire in Las Vegas - BBC News

A British Airways plane bound for London has caught fire at Las Vegas airport, forcing the evacuation of 172 people on board on emergency slides.
    Airport officials said at least 14 people were taken to hospital with minor injuries.

US Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor said the left engine of the Boeing 777-200 caught fire before take-off.

The plane was seen engulfed in flames and smoke. The fire was later put out.
    So according to the article the plane was taxiing on the runway, so everyone would have been in their seats at the start, so what makes people stop and think "I will hold everyone up getting off the plane while I get my carry on luggage out of the over head bin" and why did the Aircrew let them evacuate with said luggage still, is your man bag really worth more than your life!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

So according to the article the plane was taxiing on the runway, so everyone would have been in their seats at the start, so what makes people stop and think "I will hold everyone up getting off the plane while I get my carry on luggage out of the over head bin" and why did the Aircrew let them evacuate with said luggage still, is your man bag really worth more than your life!
    Was MF on the flight?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
      Was MF on the flight?
      It was actually in the US, unlike Walter Mitty

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It was actually in the US, unlike Walter Mitty
        Well there's someone sending me a pic of the flight before evacuation moaning about this fecker blocking the exit. Guess who it was! ?!

Comment

British Airways plane catches fire in Las Vegas - BBC News

Where does it say luggage? Someone else mentioned this on facebook and neither article I read said it? Is it because of the pictures? Most people either have nothing or a handbag which is at your feet.

We booked our Vegas trip on Monday so everyone has been linking this to me on FB... Erm, thanks friends .
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Where does it say luggage? Someone else mentioned this on facebook and neither article I read said it? Is it because of the pictures? Most people either have nothing or a handbag which is at your feet.

We booked our Vegas trip on Monday so everyone has been linking this to me on FB... Erm, thanks friends .
            There's at least one person with their wheely suitcase in this video: https://twitter.com/JacobSteinberg/s...09990121537536

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

The person on the far left has a big bag and a handbag, the guy in the white shirt in the middle again has a bigger cabin bag and a more hand held bag

Comment

Business class passengers...

Comment

The person on the far left has a big bag and a handbag, the guy in the white shirt in the middle again has a bigger cabin bag and a more hand held bag
                  They look more like Check-in baggage

Comment

There are definitely some people who's manbags are worth more than their sad lives.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X