• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This guy is a genius

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy is a genius

Sleep expert Dr Paul Kelley wants the business and school day to begin at 10am  | Daily Mail Online

Making people start work before 9am is 'torture' says sleep expert, who wants the business and school day to begin at 10am
    Forcing people to work nine-to-five leaves bodies exhausted and stressed
    Affects attention and memory, and can lead to alcohol and drug abuse
    Older children should start school at 11am to prevent sleep deprivation
    GCSE results could be boosted by '10 per cent' if start time was changed
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Or you go to bed earlier.

(can I get a grant of a couple of million from the DF for that?)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Fair point, but what if you're not a morning person?

I get most of my best work done in the afternoon / early eve...
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Starting at 9am is "torture"... Forcing people to work nine-to-five leaves bodies exhausted and stressed... sounds like a soft academic who could do with a dose of reality.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

(can I get a grant of a couple of million from the DF for that?)
          nope we are paying for it:

Dr Kelley, an honorary clinical research fellow at Oxford University's Sleep and Circadian Neuroscience Institute, said there was a need for society to change work and school starting times to fit with the natural human body clock.
          Dr Kelley said that any schools who want to join a research study called Teensleep run by the Education Endowment Foundation.

Comment

I think it is Iceland (the country not the Chav food store)who do not start until 10am

And they apparently have a great educational system and it has been proven to get results

Comment

Making people start work before 9am is 'torture' says sleep expert, who wants the business and school day to begin at 10am

AHA! Proof positive it's works fault I'm an alcoholic. Im sueing.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

AHA! Proof positive it's works fault I'm an alcoholic. Im sueing.
                I'm sure you can get the good doctor to testify in your case, for a fee....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Makes you wonder how kids cope in septic high skools, where the day starts at 07:30.

I know how I'd cope.
                  Go Postal?

Comment

Start at 9!!

I am on site at 7am, but that’s construction for you
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                    X