• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Council tax cheats.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Council tax cheats.

We've all heard about 1 in 10 councils putting chips in wheely bins with a view to charging people for their rubbish collection. Presumably the rest will soon follow suit.

Why are these councils not being publically challenged to cancel the proportional council tax already being paid for rubbish collection ?

Typically these parasites are using the debate as a means to distract people's attention away from this.

PS:
    They committed another big fraud on everyone years and years ago when water & sewerage charges were levied by the water authorities instead of through the old rates. The old rates remained the same even though the water charges were being collected seperately.
    Last edited by BobTheCrate; 5 October 2006, 13:41.

I see it the same as most other things, e.g. your BT phone Line. You pay a monthly rental then pay extra for calls.

In the case of refuse collection, they've still got to drive to your house and empty your rubbish. You'll just pay extra based on weight. I for one have to take rubbish (general household and recyclable) to the local tip as we get through a huge amount. I personally blame the companies that sell the products...far too much packaging in my opinion.

And what next? Are you going to demand a rebate even though you've never had a crime committed against you...or used the library...?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
      Why are these councils not being publically challenged to cancel the proportional council tax already being paid for rubbish collection ?
      Council tax is levied to pay for the pensions of local government employees. If councils actually want to provide services, they need to think of ways of levying money on top of that.

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
        They committed another big fraud on everyone years and years ago when water & sewerage charges were levied by the water authorities instead of through the old rates. The old rates remained the same even though the water charges were being collected seperately.
        Are we talking about the Conservative party?

Comment

I've just upgraded the young trolls PC's so took the old cases (3)+ a duff monitor up to the tip...refuse operative sidled up and said I was really only allowed to dump 1..otherwise I could be an office supply company dumping its old stock.

Laugh I nearly hit him
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I tend to make sure they are at the bottom of the bin and obscured by left over food/nappies/etc.

By the time they have realised that a couple of old computer cases have gone in the back of the bin truck it's to late anyway

Comment

We don't have bins, bags only. It makes it easier for them to quickly inspect your bag and then refuse to take it as it is deemded to contain contraband(?sp).

Soon we'll be on fortnightly collections for rubbish and weekly for recycling, although that is limited to paper and tins only.
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

we get one week black bin next week green bin. Real pain in the arse when you are doing DIY and producing lots of black bin rubbish

Comment

oh! and our recycling bucket thing is the size of a large shoe box. If it does't fit in the bucket they won't take it.
                  Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Hope you killed the hard disks...
                    too savvy to let them go ...
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X