• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Big Shout Out For...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Big Shout Out For...

..office politicians.

You sit there in silence while cutover chaos ensues all around. We think you are just minding your own business but in fact you are waiting, like a cat watching sparrows.

And then just when we feel we are getting a handle on issues you suddenly pounce over some minor breach of protocol, and suddenly instead of us making progress it's a cat fight, but you don't seem to give a toss how many get embroiled in it or how high the dust flies. You want to Make Your Point.

Bless.

So instead of fixing stuff I am now cooling down on the interweb. At your expense.

I've never walked out of a project over a spat. The mere knowledge that I could is enough to keep me here. It's like the Do or Die card in the board game "Colditz" that you simply never get to play. It's enough just to have it.

Actually the thought of walking out and getting my agent (who in 20 years of this game I rate the lowest I have ever dealt with) into a furious tizz - that actually gives me a little bit of wood.

As you were.

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    Actually the thought of walking out and getting my agent (who in 20 years of this game I rate the lowest I have ever dealt with) into a furious tizz - that actually gives me a little bit of wood.
    DA has that effect on you?

Comment

Working...
    X