• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's the only way to be sure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the only way to be sure

"Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk acknowledges Mars would be an inhospitable place to live at the moment, but says it can be made more Earth-like.

All it takes is the Mars equivalent of global warming or, if you're in a hurry, nuclear bombs.

Musk appeared on the CBS' new Late Show with Stephen Colbert to talk about cars and space. Colbert says he's a Tesla owner and that he "loves" the electric car.

Mars has long held fascination for Musk -- so much that he told USA TODAY that he would like to visit the red planet some day. Colbert, who sounded a little skeptical about colonizing Mars, asked him about the living conditions.

Mars is "a fixer upper of a planet," Musk says, but it can be made to be more like Earth if it can be made hotter. When it comes to turning on the planetary furnace, there's a slow way and fast way, he explained.

The slow way is to release greenhouse gases, the same process being blamed for global warming on Earth. The fast way is to drop nuclear weapons over Mars' poles.

Musk says his rocket firm, Space Exploration Technologies, or SpaceX, will be capable of ferrying astronauts to the International Space Station in two or three years. At present, SpaceX' Falcon rockets deliver cargo to the ISS."

Source: Elon Musk: Nukes can make Mars more like Earth

That's tidy...

/reality mode off

Ohh lets drop all the Nukes on mars to make earth a safer place

(because no one would hide any or make new ones)
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      And hope the Martians don't lob any back.
      Not if we hit them first...

Comment

Just remember "MAD".
        Martian Anal Deviants?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Mole-people Against Discovery?

Comment

Alternatively drop some comets on it.

But that requires mass drivers.

Which you dumb hu-mans ain't got.
            If you can grab a c or super c type asteroid it provides it's own reaction mass.

Comment

Since a few molecules of CO2 have caused runaway global warming with devastating heating of the Earth, perhaps we can just send some old cars up there?

Comment

Working...
              X