• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't expect a pay rise, my pension needs it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't expect a pay rise, my pension needs it

No pay rise? Blame the baby boomers' gilded pension pots | Business | The Guardian
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Yes, thanks by the way. That'll probably mean an extra city break weekend each quarter too for wifie and me. Better get that Bucket List of mine upgraded.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

And the only way to correct this issue is a large dose of inflation. Which is best achieved by QE. Without it going into tax havens. So a QE for the people.

But no-one would ever dare propose that...

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Yes, thanks by the way. That'll probably mean an extra city break weekend each quarter too for wifie and me. Better get that Bucket List of mine upgraded.

Surely you have enough for a BTL deposit, that's doubly generous to younger workers (no pay rise no affordable housing, and sky high rents)

Yeah boomers, most selfish generation ever.

Comment

Jeremey Corbyn will fix this when he comes to power in a couple of years. Essentially the rich pensioners need to be stripped off their wealth and re distributed. The Tories wont do that, all pensioners vote for them. The New Liebour wont do either, they are too scared to do anything revolutionary. Corbyn will come in and sort this out.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Surely you have enough for a BTL deposit, that's doubly generous to younger workers (no pay rise no affordable housing, and sky high rents)

Yeah boomers, most selfish generation ever.
            Yeah Boomers - first generation to actually have any control over pensions etc

Shock horror they are not giving away their pensions to the kids so they have loads of money to buy stuff they do not need.

Sorry dude but you are like the spoiled kid who expects mummy and daddy to pay for everything while you spend all day playing on your xbox and not working for a living.

Boomer generation - nothing was expected you had to earn it

Your generation - everything is expected and someone else should pay for it

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Yeah Boomers - first generation to actually have any control over pensions etc

Shock horror they are not giving away their pensions to the kids so they have loads of money to buy stuff they do not need.

Sorry dude but you are like the spoiled kid who expects mummy and daddy to pay for everything while you spend all day playing on your xbox and not working for a living.

Yeah thanks boomers for all your hard work, go enjoy that early retirement, you deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

Boomer generation got free university education, final salary pensions, rapidly rising house prices. Life expectancy increasing.

For a long while each generation has been better off than the next. Until the baby boomer children.

University is expensive. House ownership an impossible dream without rich parents. Social mobility impossible without rich parents.

If I were young I would go on the dole and sponge. What is the point of working?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Boomer generation got free university education, final salary pensions, rapidly rising house prices. Life expectancy increasing.

For a long while each generation has been better off than the next. Until the baby boomer children.

University is expensive. House ownership an impossible dream without rich parents. Social mobility impossible without rich parents.

If I were young I would go on the dole and sponge. What is the point of working?
                  Don't forget both parents now have to work to afford the mortgage.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Jeremey Corbyn will fix this when he comes to power in a couple of years. Essentially the rich pensioners need to be stripped off their wealth and re distributed.
                    WHS

Jeremy will send those rich people to Labour Camps for re-edukation re-edukation re-edukation, they had it way too easy in Eton!

Comment

Working...
                    X