• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Since you're black, you couldn't possibly own a BMW.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you're black, you couldn't possibly own a BMW.

Stone me.

Well at least she didn't get shot.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/york-cops-...7.html#GtMIiV1

And then they sent a bill for $13k for 8 days of illegal detention.

The lunatics really are in charge of the asylum.

For dear old Freako, this relates to some unfortunate African American lady who was arrested by New York's finest on the grounds that she couldn't possibly own a (2003!) BMW because she was black.

Then she ends up in a mental hospital for 8 days on the grounds that she was delusional in believing she was a BMW owning banker.

You really couldn't make it up.

What about "Since you're black you couldn't possibly be a doctor"

Traffic-stop-to-jail aftermath leaves Memphis doctor 'completely undone' | Welcome to The Tri-State Defender
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Are they coming for the President next?

Comment

roll on cop cams!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

we aren't much better

Judge in 'corner shop' race row with Asian crime victim finally quits post | Daily Mail Online

Judge Terence Hollingworth had asked lawyers to fetch Deepa Patel – the victim in a serious harassment case - so he could finish sentencing her ex-boyfriend.

But Rachel Parker, prosecuting, told the judge she was unsure whether Miss Patel would be able to attend court at such short notice due to work commitments.

However the district judge allegedly replied: ‘It won't be a problem. She won't be working anywhere important where she can't get the time off. She'll only be working in a shop or an off-licence.’

When Miss Parker asked the judge to clarify his comments, he added: ‘With a name like Patel, and her ethnic background, she won't be working anywhere important where she can't get the time off. So that's what we'll do.’

At this point Miss Parker withdrew from the case at Preston Magistrates' Court and told the judge: ‘I am professionally embarrassed. I cannot prosecute this case.’

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

How comes the Americans didn't have dash cams?

Even in this country if the police stop you regularly you are advised to get one to point outside the car and one that points in.

That way when the police make things up they get caught.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Are they coming for the President next?
              I assure you that President of the bank is very safe.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                How comes the Americans didn't have dash cams?

Even in this country if the police stop you regularly you are advised to get one to point outside the car and one that points in.

That way when the police make things up they get caught.
                I don't know anyone who has one, do you?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  I don't know anyone who has one, do you?
                  Yep I do.

In the UK it's mainly to stop insurance claims made against them. If you have an expensive car or are a young driver it's worth it.

In the US it's because they don't trust the police.

It does mean you have to behave in the car though...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So, cops are dodgy. You plan to catch them in video. Yep, your life will be really easy after that

Comment

Working...
                    X