• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn Sweepstake

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corbyn Sweepstake

Jeremy Corbyn odds: Bookies' tips suggest Labour leader could last just 475 days in the job | City A.M.

Odds are 8/1 Corbyn doesn't make the year out, 5/2 next year and 7/2 year after.

Frankly I reckon he won't make the year, but I'll decide after tomorrows question time before heading to the bookies.

Poll to follow
    Out before the year end
    11.11%
    Out in 2016
    33.33%
    Out in 2017
    0.00%
    Out in 2018
    0.00%
    Out in 2019
    0.00%
    Out before the election 2020
    5.56%
    Wins Election 2020
    44.44%
    AndyW voted in and wins election
    5.56%
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Even if Korbyn quits earlier - he'll still have chance to win in 2020.

Hence, this sweepstake must not finished before that date.

Comment

I think he'll strike a chord with many who've never bothered to vote before. It seems to me the majority of the population are disillusioned with Westminster and what it stands for. Corbyn is likely to change that IMO. I reckon he'll go longer than the bookies think.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I reckon he'll go longer than the bookies think.
        Bookies don't care - they (usually) make money either way by matching punters against each other.

Maybe Korbyn will finally introduce punitive rate of tax on gambling wins? How is it justtifiable that they are TAX FREE?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Bookies don't care - they (usually) make money either way by matching punters against each other.

Maybe Korbyn will finally introduce punitive rate of tax on gambling wins? How is it justtifiable that they are TAX FREE?!?!?

Why would you tax a lottery win?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Because work is taxed very heavily - gambling should not be encouraged, so taxation on such "wins" should be punitive.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's only fair

Comment

He will just make Xmas. Gobble, gobble, gobble, this Turkey aint going nowhere
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  He will just make Xmas 2020. Gobble, gobble, gobble, this Turkey will roast you with apples
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Because work is taxed very heavily - gambling should not be encouraged, so taxation on such "wins" should be punitive.
                    Driving to work triply taxed. You pay VAT on fuel cost that was already tax so you to arrive in the office to labour away so ~30% of your earnings are returned to the state.

Comment

Working...
                    X