• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Racism in Cyberspace

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racism in Cyberspace

If posters of boards such as this believe that racist and homophobic comments written into cyberspace for all to see is acceptable then it isnt. Anonymity protects the closet racist, when in fact to mention the same in public would be tantamount to arrest. Racism in society and in cyberspace are the same and I believe that the moderators should clamp down on this type of behaviour otherwise they are just as complicit as the Nazis in the extermination of the jews!

Thought you'd posted this already.

I agree Racism is unacceptable on the internet. Moderators regularly throw off trolls & racists - be careful you're not one.

And comparing Moderators to Nazi's. Well Scotspine was a member of the SS and Brian does have a penchant for leather!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

and Xog has a Black boyfriend, so a bit more understanding if you please, I'm filling up now.

Comment

Gee Judge D, Im sure you are infringing someones human rights there!

I say you undertake compulsory diversity training!

Mailman

Comment

Bloody funny that there was no racist or homophobic comments before you turned up Fred.

Thanks for the "heads up". Now FOAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Fred
            If posters of boards such as this believe that racist and homophobic comments written into cyberspace for all to see is acceptable then it isnt. Anonymity protects the closet racist, when in fact to mention the same in public would be tantamount to arrest. Racism in society and in cyberspace are the same and I believe that the moderators should clamp down on this type of behaviour otherwise they are just as complicit as the Nazis in the extermination of the jews!
            I'm the usually the first (And quite often the only) person to speak up when it get's out of line here, but a wee word to the wise - best to fight you're own battles here rather than try to get someone else to do it for you.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Fred
              I've never seen anyone invoke Godwin's law so quickly!
              Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMonkey
                I've never seen anyone invoke Godwin's law so quickly!

Quite.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well spotted.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Freedom of speech is not an old persons free bus-pass to racism and homophobia and those who think it allows them to park in any disabled parking space should think again. But some of you are different generation and so the metaphor probably works.

Comment

Working...
                    X