• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Switching from sky fibre to BT - sorry can't do it!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching from sky fibre to BT - sorry can't do it!

Been with sky fibre for over a year now. Thought I'd switch to BT so that I can get BT Sport for free etc.

Go to website - sorry can't have yet. So I phone them - sorry fibre is not available in your area.

Are you having a laugh? I've had it for over a year.

Turns out they do have fibre but theres high demand so they're not signing anyone new up. How nuts is that?

I phone them and offer to switch my fibre from sky to bt and they don't want my business? Nuts....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Been with sky fibre for over a year now. Thought I'd switch to BT so that I can get BT Sport for free etc.
    What's the etc.?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      What's the etc.?
      BT pr0n channel

P.S. Be grateful you've got that short copper link to fiber in cabinet in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        BT pr0n channel

P.S. Be grateful you've got that short copper link to fiber in cabinet in the first place.
        Aye. Had 1.5Mb before the big fibre switch last year. Crap it was. Took ages to download p0rn ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          BT pr0n channel

Hoping you get that other BT channel too. Watched the 1st one of that new zombie then, recorded the 2nd then played it back to see a banner advising me to cough up! grrrrrr....

Comment

Hoping you get that other BT channel too. Watched the 1st one of that new zombie then, recorded the 2nd then played it back to see a banner advising me to cough up! grrrrrr....
            <cough>t0rrent</cough>

Comment

Sky just piggy-back on BT's kit anyway, so you're not changing much.
              If you can stay on an uncapped package, do so.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I phone them and offer to switch my fibre from sky to bt and they don't want my business? Nuts....
                Same where I live: absolutely no acknowledgement that fibre is available, no advertising "Fibre is here!!" but if you ask you can get it. The chap who came to activate mine said that demand was crazily high.

Comment

Getting switched to BT Fibre on Tuesday, hopefully.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Same where I live: absolutely no acknowledgement that fibre is available, no advertising "Fibre is here!!" but if you ask you can get it. The chap who came to activate mine said that demand was crazily high.
                    I've been looking into Fibre and found quite a mixture in terms of who thinks I can have it, and who doesn't. I wondered if there are any local licensing deals, or some ISPs only take on Fibre gradually?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X