• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House Prices in the Last 18 Years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House Prices in the Last 18 Years

Just a little site from the Nationwide which lets you see how house prices have changed per region in the last 18 years. Type in when you bought your house and how much for and when.

AtW & Fellow Renters - Don't press this as you'll get upset
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

shows an increase of £289,000 between purchase & now...(103% in 6 years) - not sure I would be able to get that!
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
      Just a little site from the Nationwide which lets you see how house prices have changed per region in the last 18 years. Type in when you bought your house and how much for and when.

AtW & Fellow Renters - Don't press this as you'll get upset
      I'm more interested in the next few years. Do you have a site for that?

Comment

Send a private to Threaded

Originally posted by expat
        I'm more interested in the next few years. Do you have a site for that?
        he'll sort you out.
        Why not?

Comment

When I was 18 my parents bought me a house in Exeter for University. Needless to say it was a great investment.

Comment

The problem with that website is .. it won't allow you to factor in the detrimental effect of some coloured people moving in nearby. Before you know where you are your chip n' bins are being raided and your credit card details sold to an outsourced call centre worker in India. I blame the looney left for removing the water rates from the council tax. Before we know where we are we'll be off to hell in a handcart or bio fuelled, tree hugging, environmentalistically Islamic approved, publicly funded chav carrier. The only solution is to bring back hanging

Comment

Originally posted by Bernard Common
              The problem with that website is .. it won't allow you to factor in the detrimental effect of some coloured people moving in nearby. Before you know where you are your chip n' bins are being raided and your credit card details sold to an outsourced call centre worker in India. I blame the looney left for removing the water rates from the council tax. Before we know where we are we'll be off to hell in a handcart or bio fuelled, tree hugging, environmentalistically Islamic approved, publicly funded chav carrier. The only solution is to bring back hanging
              Aren't you worried that you might upset someone with remarks like that? Some people on here are quite sensitive, you know.

Comment

Bitter sweet really. The house I sold in 2001 for 53K is now worth 116K. (I moved darn sarf. But then, if I had kept renting it out, I would now be forced to sell it and give half (or more) to the ex-wife.

I'll take the loss and keep smiling and renting...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                  Bitter sweet really. The house I sold in 2001 for 53K is now worth 116K. (I moved darn sarf. But then, if I had kept renting it out, I would now be forced to sell it and give half (or more) to the ex-wife.

I'll take the loss and keep smiling and renting...

Now worth £116K!!?? Where did you live, the Orkneys?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Lincoln. Not quite as desolate but nearly...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X