• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn's question, taxes and "entitlement"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corbyn's question, taxes and "entitlement"

I cannot bear people with a sense of entitlement

Why should I pay for Jeremy Corbyn's friend Claire to have so many children? - Telegraph
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

[QUOTE=DodgyAgent;2145575]I cannot bear people with a sense of entitlement

Are you still entitled to that 20% cut of contractors hard earned?

Comment

[QUOTE=DimPrawn;2145576]
      Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      I cannot bear people with a sense of entitlement

Are you still entitled to that 20% cut of contractors hard earned?
      That's my birthright not my entitlement
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Interesting chart it shows cutting of the benefits under the Tories & replacing them with Tax credits.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Seems this is the crux of it. "Bleeding heart Lefties" claim that in a civilised society, everyone IS entitled to a reasonable standard of life - a comfortable home, acceptable food, education and healthcare.

That's actually not that radical a position really.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

This is the problem with Corbyn. People's QE is great. But it needs to be tax cuts - not benefit increases.

Just as shocking is that people like her will let themselves into the spotlight. They should be ashamed.

Comment

It's interesting (to me) actually, that right-wing people generally accuse left-wing/poor people of being jealous, and feeling entitled to money they've not earned. The stereotype is that the poor are bitter and feel it's unfair the rich have what they don't.

But equally, right-wing people are just as jealous and indignant about the poor "getting something they haven't earned". Even if helping the poor doesn't hurt their own pocket appreciably, they're bitter the poor don't have to work as hard as they have.

Like waiting for your neighbours to go out before setting off your fireworks so they can't enjoy them... it doesn't cost them anything but "it's not fair".

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                This is the problem with Corbyn. People's QE is great. But it needs to be tax cuts - not benefit increases.

Just as shocking is that people like her will let themselves into the spotlight. They should be ashamed.
                Not sure about benefits, but tax credits do seem a daft idea. Increasing the tax-free allowance seems a great idea, and generally pushing more of the tax burden on the wealthy is reasonable within limits which we're nowhere near crossing, but paying tax and getting benefits at the same time is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Seems this is the crux of it. "Bleeding heart Lefties" claim that in a civilised society, everyone IS entitled to a reasonable standard of life - a comfortable home, acceptable food, education and healthcare.

That's actually not that radical a position really.
                  One mans "entitlement" is another man's cost. or do you still believe in the money tree?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    One mans "entitlement" is another man's cost. or do you still believe in the money tree?
                    You do. Contractors grow on trees?

Comment

Working...
                    X