• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom!

Coming to the end of a nice 15 monther, 2 weeks to go, no budget for extension, so started applying.

Usually takes me a few attempts (I'm not great at interviews) but have nailed my first one, and due to start back to back in a couple of weeks.

Wouldn't be surprised if current client co came up with fresh budget though.

I'll be moving on regardless. Current client co is all quite old tech (on my stack anyway), awful PC to use which doesn't help, and a long commute.

New contract is actually a less per day (current is highest I've ever had), but the nice 20 minute commute makes up for it. Plus newer tech, and in centre of town which I haven't had a for a while.

And I'm off on a night out with some old contractor buddies tonight

Happy friday peeps!!

Does 20 minutes even count as a commute? It can take me half that to get out at the end of our road.

I'm chatting to my client about wrapping up on Monday. I've another month on my contract but the work is done and I always like to get out leaving them wanting more.

Comment

20 minutes? It takes me 15 just to warm up the Bugatti Veyron.

Sorry dears, just getting into the humblebrag spirit of this thread.

Comment

Well done

Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
          20 minutes? It takes me 15 just to warm up the Bugatti Veyron.

Sorry dears, just getting into the humblebrag spirit of this thread.
          Heh It takes 10 mins because of the freaking traffic on the main road.

Comment

congrats!
            Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Comment

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                X