• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question time last night.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question time last night.

Ian Hislop was on form again I see. I loved his tongue in cheek advice to Oliver Letwin.

To paraphrase him :

"Are you sure it's a good idea for Cameron to model himself quite so much on Tony Blair. Blair is probably the most hated political has-been in Britain. Do you not sometimes wonder that immitating an unsuccessful political party might not really be the best way to achieve success."

Probably one of the best QTs in recent times. Plenty of banter...nice mix of anti-Islamic heckling from the audience (why are we pampering to their needs, etc).
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Where can I buy a cheap TV?

I put my foot through the screen every time I see that smug feckwit Blears on it
      Boom boom boom boom
      A-haw haw haw haw
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm
      Hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

Comment

I can't stand Hazel Blears either. An utterly useless bureaucratic parasite of the very first order who talks so much, so very much but says absolutely nothing - and certainly never does anything - can't do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwaif
          I put my foot through the screen every time I see that smug feckwit Blears on it
          Oh, don't get me started . . . that stupid half-smirk all the feckin' time.

Shirley Williams comments from the US about a possible Iran invasion were chilling; something along the lines of "we're not saying we are going to attack Iran, but the chances of it not happening are about one in three".

There maybe trouble ahead . . .
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Bloody Blears - I can't stand the woman either. I think she is some kind of alien. She looks like she has a mask on as to not give away any feelings - 24hr poker face.

I was suprised how easy a ride she got in contrast to the fairly rough ride Letwin got. Letwin comes over as a bumbling toff.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong
              Oh, don't get me started . . . that stupid half-smirk all the feckin' time.

Shirley Williams comments from the US about a possible Iran invasion were chilling; something along the lines of "we're not saying we are going to attack Iran, but the chances of it not happening are about one in three".

There maybe trouble ahead . . .
              But while there’s music and moonlight and love and romance
              Let’s face the music and dance

Comment

Originally posted by Jobberwacky
                But while there’s music and moonlight and love and romance
                Let’s face the music and dance
                Are you available for weddings?
                Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
                  Is this the first ever CUK on-line proposal?

How romantic.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
                    Only if you need someone to get completely smashed and smother
                    the sherry trifle over bride's firm young body.

Comment

Working...
                    X