• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women and cars....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women and cars....

Partner at Hannover Airport, forced to use a hire car this time since she's carrying granite samples (don't ask) and case is well heavy. She drives a tulipty Pug 206 here in UK, only car she's ever driven, hire company matched as near as possible but they gave her a Pug 308.

I've had 4 calls in 20 mins and she's still not moved it...

1. It's 'massive'. (it's a small car!)

2. I can't find the handbrake (it's electric/automatic on these)

3. Why is it bleeping at the front? (parking sensors probably)

4. I can't get it reverse (have to lift gear lever collar up)

She's driving from Hannover Airport to Bünde along the E30, should I be making plans for collecting the body/the funeral now, German-based CUK'ers? I've told her to stay right, reasonable speed, don't bother changing lanes and don't like drive up peoples arses like she does here and everyone who's been in a car with has said same after seeing their lives flash before them.

Today's most sexist CUK post winner.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Aww, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Aww, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          No there are men and women who don't understand what braking distance is for.

Those tend to be part of the cause of pile ups on the motorway. Someone slams on their brakes and then....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lots of traffic around there today. We were coming back from Bremen on the A1 (E37) which the E30 intersects with near Osnabrück but due to massive traffic jams in the area we ended up taking the backroads. She's probably still on the motorway
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Lots of traffic around there today. We were coming back from Bremen on the A1 (E37) which the E30 intersects with near Osnabrück but due to massive traffic jams in the area we ended up taking the backroads. She's probably still on the motorway
              TBF, she did the E30 ok, it was Bühne town centre that did her but she managed, all safe!

Osnabrück is tmrw, then Berlin, eek!

Funny how since she got British Citizenship and could be sent all over EU for work she's sick of it already after three trips!!!

Livin' the Dream....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Partner at Hannover Airport, forced to use a hire car this time since she's carrying granite samples (don't ask) and case is well heavy. She drives a tulipty Pug 206 here in UK, only car she's ever driven, hire company matched as near as possible but they gave her a Pug 308.

I've had 4 calls in 20 mins and she's still not moved it...

1. It's 'massive'. (it's a small car!)

2. I can't find the handbrake (it's electric/automatic on these)

3. Why is it bleeping at the front? (parking sensors probably)

4. I can't get it reverse (have to lift gear lever collar up)

She's driving from Hannover Airport to Bünde along the E30, should I be making plans for collecting the body/the funeral now, German-based CUK'ers? I've told her to stay right, reasonable speed, don't bother changing lanes and don't like drive up peoples arses like she does here and everyone who's been in a car with has said same after seeing their lives flash before them.
                Not a criticism of your women but this is an increasing trend amongst people - they cannot (or will not) extrapolate existing knowledge and apply to new situations - they are either taught or not.

Not a new phenomenon and explored in fiction in the late 50's/ early 60'S

Linky

Comment

Working...
                X