• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Give me strength

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give me strength

<rant/>
    Conveyancing what a ball ache.

I feel my solicitor is running so slowly, took her 2.5 weeks to forward some questions from the purchasers solictors, then she tells me it a conflict of interest sending a conveyance document from 1899 direct to her, the purchaser and the purchasers solictors.

Maybe if she f*&@ing sent things in a timely manner it wouldn't be necessary for me to send it direct.
    </rant>

Thanks for listening.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

I once used an online converyancing laywer. That was slow and frustrating.
    I once used a local conveyancing laywer. That was slow and frustrating.

I think they drag it out to somehow make it look like the 20 minutes total work warrants £500 or whatever it is these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      <rant/>

I feel my solicitor is running so slowly, took her 2.5 weeks to forward some questions from the purchasers solictors, then she tells me it a conflict of interest sending a conveyance document from 1899 direct to her, the purchaser and the purchasers solictors.

Maybe if she f*&@ing sent things in a timely manner it wouldn't be necessary for me to send it direct.
      </rant>

Thanks for listening.
      Cmon, if they did everything in only the time it actually took you'd be really narked at paying £700+ for 20 minutes work most of which is done by an intern which is then stamped by a solicitor in one of those rare moments they're sober.......
      Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I think they drag it out to somehow make it look like the 20 minutes total work warrants £500 or whatever it is these days.
        "Another field on that page will take exactly one days work"

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          <rant/>

</rant>

Thanks for listening.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Originally posted by Intel View Post
            Cmon, if they did everything in only the time it actually took you'd be really narked at paying £700+ for 20 minutes work most of which is done by an intern which is then stamped by a solicitor in one of those rare moments they're sober.......
            Generally anyone in the law profession does this.

I think they feel that as they managed to get a law degree from Bangor Poly they are somehow better than us and so if they take two weeks, they take two weeks and it is really not for an uneducated oik like you to complain......

I hate the 'average' legal professional with a passion for their inability to do anything but look up the answer in a book and try and make out they are clever.

Do not get me wrong there are some very clever people in the legal profession out there however most of your high street/online ones are fookin stooped (except they can charge £700+ for 20 minutes work and drag it out for 2 weeks.... maybe I am stupid!)

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Generally anyone in the law profession does this.

I think they feel that as they managed to get a law degree from Bangor Poly they are somehow better than us and so if they take two weeks, they take two weeks and it is really not for an uneducated oik like you to complain......

I hate the 'average' legal professional with a passion for their inability to do anything but look up the answer in a book and try and make out they are clever.

Do not get me wrong there are some very clever people in the legal profession out there however most of your high street/online ones are fookin stooped (except they can charge £700+ for 20 minutes work and drag it out for 2 weeks.... maybe I am stupid!)

I did the first semester of a Law degree thinking it would be a decent backup career for when I couldn't be arsed keeping up with the tech and pimping myself out. Turns out I have more of a desire to keep my soul than I thought.....

It's the most ridiculous garbage I'd ever learnt. One standout moment was discussing the dangerous dogs act and how one of the very first cases was fought on the basis that the offending dog was a bitch and not a dog as per the act.

That gives you an idea of where your <insert number of hundreds of pounds> per hour goes.....

Gave it up as a bad job and kept my dignity.....
              Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

Originally posted by Intel View Post
                I did the first semester of a Law degree thinking it would be a decent backup career for when I couldn't be arsed keeping up with the tech and pimping myself out. Turns out I have more of a desire to keep my soul than I thought.....

It's the most ridiculous garbage I'd ever learnt. One standout moment was discussing the dangerous dogs act and how one of the very first cases was fought on the basis that the offending dog was a bitch and not a dog as per the act.

That gives you an idea of where your <insert number of hundreds of pounds> per hour goes.....

Gave it up as a bad job and kept my dignity.....
                Yes indeed - but it seems that more people of that ilk are bleeding into different profesions

Everyone knows that a female dog is known as a bitch and therefore when referring to a female dog as a bitch you are still referring to a dog quite clearly and so there is no point of contention.

Had a similar one the other week where I used the work 'computer' to mean an input device with a screen, keyboard and some onboard storage - but no, some pedant tried to make out I was not covering laptop users and seemed to think that he had shown me up and he was so clever.

Comment

When Wife #1 and I were thrashing out the details of our separation I found myself paying for 2 solicitors. But hey, that's life sometimes. What aggravated me was my solicitor turned out to be such a slow git that Wife #1's solicitor was sending repeat letters along the lines of "You haven't responded to my previous letter of ddmmyy".

It was just open season on my cheque book.

Comment

Working...
                  X