• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quick umbrella company question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick umbrella company question

I'm about to start my first contract, and intend to use an Umbrella company. (At least for the initial couple of months.)

Could anybody that has used any of the following brollies please let me know your experiences with them?

ContractorUmbrella
    NoLongerLimited
    PCG (QU)

Thanks in advance!

You'll be lucky!

There are people that use brollies that post on here, but the most prolific posters tend to use Ltds and look down at those that don't/can't manage it.

If you are serious about contracting then you really ought to be able to set up your own Ltd. But it does depend on the contracts that you are going to take - if your roles are basically going to be as a temp then I think that a brollie would be appropriate.

Back to your original question, I can't help you, I use my own Ltd and wouldn't touch a brollie with a bargepole...

Comment

Brolly if you only plan to do this for a few months, otherwise go LTD especially if you plan to do this for a few years.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
      X