• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Marking stuff with numbers letters and the like.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now say you made a widget.

And you wanted people to be able to identify it.

You'd write sommat on it.

In this case it's a chip.

Which is marked inscrutably enough (because it's small) with "K100 M3" and a date code.

Now it transpires that this is an Infineon chip.

And this is the marking information that I've found:

on this page:

TDK5110 - Infineon Technologies

There must be a table somewhere that lets you correlate the device marking with the type, but I've yet to find it.

Ho hum.

It is the same chip, but I've had to confirm it by tracing stuff out.

There's nothing like making stuff easy for your customers.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Now say you made a widget.
    And you wanted people to be able to identify it.
    Let's say you made a widget.
    And you didn't want people to reverse engineer it.
    You [wouldn't want any | would remove any] writing on the internal components on said widget (especially ICs).
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Well that's what cardboard boxes and plastic bags are for. Identify the product on these, the chip can be blank (as is probably desired).
      "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

For the sake of dear old Freaky, what are you saying?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          It's called "writing".
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Phone technical helpline
            "What is K100 M3?"
            if ($ans) = 'TDK5110' then proceed;
            else error;

Comment

Working...
            X