• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn refuses to condemn the IRA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corbyn refuses to condemn the IRA

According to him British army and IRA were equally culpable for atrocities. Presumably this applies to the UK declaring war against Hitler BBC Radio 5 live - In Short, Jeremy Corbyn asked five times to condemn IRA violence
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    According to him British army and IRA were equally culpable for atrocities. Presumably this applies to the UK declaring war against Hitler BBC Radio 5 live - In Short, Jeremy Corbyn asked five times to condemn IRA violence
    You have to put this into perspective DA, don't forget that Jerry Adams refused to condemn IRA violence six times
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Did he actually say they were equally culpable, or did he only refuse to condemn them and that implication is being made as a result?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Did he actually say they were equally culpable, or did he only refuse to condemn them and that implication is being made as a result?
        The implication is that they were equally culpable because when pushed Corbyn brought up some of the unsavoury incidents performed by the British army.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

As a strident pacifist isn't he inherently condemning anyone who uses violence to achieve anything?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

He should be called Kursk Korbyn on account of the fact a series of errors will mean that he and his party will shortly and inevitibly implode in on themselves..
            Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
            "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

As a strident pacifist isn't he inherently condemning anyone who uses violence to achieve anything?
              Government is based on violence, that's the whole point.
              Play the game and follow the rules or we will pan you.
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Being a pacifist IS doing something and so carries responsibilities accordingly. Imagine if he had been prime minister when Hitler was in power and refused to go to war.

Comment

It's not relevant to current situation.

Comment

I don't think the British army generally blew up random civilians.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X