• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hajj

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hajj

Apparently, stampede kills over 700...oh well, less refugees/migrants I guess

Hajj stampede: At least 717 killed in Saudi Arabia - BBC News
    Clarity is everything

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post

Quoted in case there's a cocksocket of the year award in the year end survey and we have to show our workings.

FFS!

Comment

2nd most blinded religous zealots on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post

This was clearly caused by a combination of British colonialism and climate change. Where do I send my cheque?
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Allah wanted them dead

Comment

If we had colonised them they would not be dead and nor would the crane have collapsed.We would have imposed our draconian "Elf and safety" standards and how to queue in an orderly manner.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              Allah wanted them dead
              Well, you'd think, given the death history of previous attendees, that they would know better than to attend and put themselves at risk:

Hajj: Previous tragedies

2006: 364 pilgrims die in a crush at foot of Jamarat Bridge in Mina

1997: 340 pilgrims are killed when fire fuelled by high winds sweeps through Mina's tent city

1994: 270 pilgrims die in a stampede during the stoning ritual

1990: 1,426 pilgrims, mainly Asian, die in a stampede in an overcrowded tunnel leading to holy sites

1987: 402 people die when security forces break up an anti-US demonstration by Iranian pilgrims
              Clarity is everything

Comment

They wanted to be near their god
                and now they are.

Comment

Can we please have some compassion here?

Where are the wailing lefties when you need them?

Comment

Hard to imagine how such things can happen on this scale. Surely if people are being pushed they will push back, if those pushing are not getting anywhere they are going to stop? Doesn't make any sense to me.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X