• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for our born leaders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One for our born leaders

Take the E test that separates those in charge from the people who will never lead | Daily Mail Online

Have YOU got what it takes to be the boss? Take the five-second test that separates those in charge from the people who will never move up the career ladder
    'E' trick developed by professors Adam Galinsky and Maurice Schweitzer
    Experiment discovered common trait people in senior roles share
    Authors published findings in new business book called Friend & Foe
    so who is self obsessed enough to get to the top?

ARE YOU BOSS MATERIAL? TAKE THE FIVE-SECOND TEST
    Without thinking about it, trace the capital letter 'E' on your forehead using your finger.

E-to-self: If the letter is written so it only makes sense to you it shows that you are self-orientated and have traits commonly found in powerful people.

E-to-others: If the letter is written so it makes sense to others but not yourself it shows you consider people's perspectives but may not be cut-throat enough to make it to the top.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

"Part 2: Trace the capital letter G on your forehead to find out how gullible you are"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      "Part 2: Trace the capital letter G on your forehead to find out how gullible you are"
      Done that - how to I tell?

Comment

I got someone else to draw it on my head. Born leader me.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I got someone else to draw it on my head. Born leader me.
          You've not checked in the mirror, have you?

Comment

"The tendency to write an 'E-to-self' is said to dramatically increase the more senior role held in the workplace"

I.e. the more senior you are, the more stupid you are.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X