• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Corbyn sets new record for Labour leaders!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeremy Corbyn sets new record for Labour leaders!

Jeremy Corbyn becomes first Labour leader ever to score negative debut poll rating

He is the only Labour leader to score negatively on his opening Ipsos-MORI poll, putting him behind Gordon Brown and Ed Miliband

Jeremy Corbyn has become the first Labour leader to score a negative poll rating on his debut, Ipsos-MORI has confirmed.

The left-wing firebrand scored minus three - worse than every other party leader since 1980, including Ed Miliband.

His rating was also worse than the Conservatives Iain Duncan Smith and William Hague.

Sourced from ToryGraph: Jeremy Corbyn becomes first Labour leader ever to score negative debut poll rating - Telegraph

Yet, it's the man who will win the election in 2020... or become PM earlier by default.

Paywalled. Try linking to an open news source

Comment

Not mentioned -- three quarters of those approving of the job he is doing are Tories.

Comment

He reminds me of Michael Foot but doesn't have as much charisma. I suspect he would consider Michael Foot a bit too right wing.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Paywalled. Try linking to an open news source
          Preferanly a relatively unbiased one while you're at it.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Satisfaction Ratings
            Satisfaction among general public aged 18+
            Q3 Are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the way the Government is running the
            country?
            Q4 Are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the way David Cameron is doing his job as
            Prime Minister?
            Q5 Are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the way Jeremy Corbyn is doing his job as
            leader of the Labour party?
            Satisfied Dissatisfied Don’t know Net
            satisfaction
            % % % +
            Government (Q3) 38 54 8 -16
            Cameron (Q4) 42 52 7 -10
            Corbyn (Q5) 33 36 31 -3

Assuming that's the figure that they're using from here I read it as "too early to tell"

Comment

Interesting poll commissioned by the Evening Standard which does have a Tory political bias (25% of it is owned by DMGT - Daily Mail General Trust)

“It is our conviction that what benefits the capital benefits the rest of the country. This is a diverse city with many shades of political opinion. We respect that multiplicity of views. This paper’s view, however, is that a Conservative government under David Cameron would be in the best interests of the capital.”
              As seen in the general election, polls are bollocks
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                As seen in the general election, polls are bollocks
                I recall that the Tories suspected they might win because they were ahead in private polling

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  He reminds me of Michael Foot but doesn't have as much charisma.
                  Spot on. Good observation!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Spot on. Good observation!
                    Maybe he has a Donkey Jacket?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X