• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Guess the Missing Word

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess the Missing Word

A 19-year-old who plotted a massacre at his former college has been jailed for life with a minimum term of eight years.

Liam Lyburd was convicted at Newcastle Crown Court of possessing an arsenal of weapons including pipe bombs and a gun, with intent to endanger life.

The judge said his threats showed he was a significant risk to the public.

In a deleted file recovered from his computer, Lyburd wrote: "People will die, there's no question about that."

There's a word you might expect to see in this story, yet it appears nowhere. What is it?

Clue: he's white, and not Muslim

Assuming it is the word you mean, maybe you should check definition in the dictionary. Terrorist is normally used in respect of those seeking to use violence to achieve a political aim not random loonies. That Norwegian bloke was a terrorist, this one isn't.

What is your point anyway? Digging up a few occasional non-Muslim plotters hardly alters the facts about where most terrorist threats in Europe come from.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 25 September 2015, 14:00.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Is it Ultracrepidarian?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Pendigestatory interludicule?

Comment

It's

Not that Mr Fitz is attempting to troll because this particular nutjob is white and not of a dusky hue, that's unthinkable. Here's a hint, there's more than a few complete headcase murderers of every racial group, colour, creed and religion.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            It's

Not that Mr Fitz is attempting to troll because this particular nutjob is white and not of a dusky hue, that's unthinkable. Here's a hint, there's more than a few complete headcase murderers of every racial group, colour, creed and religion.
            Welcome back.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              Perhaps, but proportional to their religion there does appear to be a statistical correlation:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...es-by-religion

Comment

Nutter?

Christian isn't relevant because its not part of the reason he went postal.

As pointed out above being Muslim is frequently mentioned is because they strap the bomb to themselves and shout Allah Akbar etc as they pull the trigger.

If he had run round the college pulling the trigger shouting "I'm doing this for you Baby Jesus" you might be on to something.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  Perhaps, but proportional to their religion there does appear to be a statistical correlation:

Don't even think of going there, you run the massive risk of the dreaded accusation beginning with R, once that card has been played by a person with a certain amount or melanin in their skin or some self righteous t0sser who's looking for an instakill off flies the Outrage Bus and you're permanently less popular than a pork pie in an orthodox bar-mitzvah (notice I dodged the other group who dislike pork religiously).

These days it's simply not safe to imply that you're aware of the truth let alone run it out as the forces of PC obsession will hunt you down and murder you for thought crime.

I'll take another guess at the missing word (ok, it's a bit made up)...

PONTIFICATIONIST is that the right word or at least along the right line?
                  Last edited by TykeMerc; 25 September 2015, 15:47. Reason: Better word came to mind

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

I wish they had separated "No Religion" I suspect that would be a very small number.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X